What comes to mind when thinking of event planning, marketing and promotions? Well if you live in Louisville, Joey Wagner’s name pops up. Mr. Wagner is a Louisville native and guest lectured in Dr. Karen Freberg’s social media class this week (UofL). Ambition, determination and humility all describe Wagner’s personality and business ethic. Born and raised in Louisville, Wagner opened up his own event planning/PR business, J Wagner Group.
The clients he works with only speak highly of what his firm offers. Some of his clients include: Budlight, Red Bull, Maker’s Mark and Bacardi. Wagner might own the business but he works just as hard as any team player helping out.. He does not just sit at the office, he will help set up events to make sure every detail meets the reputation he holds. The material he presented in our class truly inspired me as a student. Hopefully, I will work at a firm similar to Wagner’s and work with just as enthused young professionals as Wagner. All of his accomplishments are truly limitless.. Pink Prom, Glow Go… I mean talk about starting with an idea and seeing what happens and where it will go. Joey Wagner and Jason Brown both developed “Pink Prom” to help raise money for the Susan G. Komen fund for breast cancer. This event is targeted toward a 21-35 age group and all the proceeds go to the charity. Wagner said this event has significantly grown and is still expanding.
Thank you Mr. Wagner for giving our class your personal insights on social media and sharing your success story. I know that myself and others are truly inspired by your brand and all that you have accomplished. Great meeting you and continue the exceptional impact you are creating in the digital world with fabulous events!
The social media class I am in at the University of Louisville had the pleasure of hearing Nick Stover, Director of Social Media in athletics (at UofL), guest lecture. Social media is not just a past time, but a career path. Stover works on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on a daily basis (and is paid to do so!). Growing up as a digital native, social media was something I was always active on. I never imagined going to college and learning about how to make #sm a career path! Too cool! Little do most people know, Stover stated that there is a lot of work that goes into creating message strategies for everything that appears on all social media platforms. Stover thinks of the best way to target all audience with one post and how to keep UofL athletics attractive via social media. Who would have thought that much attention needed to be paid to a simple post on Facebook? I can honestly say I never did! Stover has done an excellent job at implementing fundraising campaigns for UofL athletics through social media. GREAT THINKING! All of the fan base continues to interact with all of Stover’s utilized platforms and it seems to reflect in the increasing amount of followers among all platforms. I give Nick Stover two thumbs up on all the work and determination he is putting into making all social media platforms for UofL Athletics impacting and active.
As digital natives take the stand in today’s professional world, social media has made it’s domain! I want to highlight in this blog post of how sports and social media have become very interdependent of one another. I think there are several areas to touch on regarding both matters. Social media is not just a one-way interaction, but involves a two-way communication relationship. (This is what I love most about social media). I can honestly say I think it is “cool” when your favorite company, person, celebrity, athlete respond to your comment on any given social media platform. The active involvement also helps boost their “brand” awareness. As we know, all social media platforms continue to grow and expand to bigger and greater things everyday with new apps and followers. I believe that sports and social media are particularly important in regards to three areas: fans, announcements, and marketing/fundraising.
[ http://www.postano.com/blog/sports-and-social-media ]
1. You better believe your fans are on all social media platforms talking about you or to you. I mean look at any sports team social media page on any platform…. The amount of likes, comments, tweets, etc. are INSANE! Take advantage of all the attention and send out powerful messages that will make an impact to your audience!
2. Announcements: What better way to share new information regarding the sport/team you are representing than through social media. Your fans will notice and interact FAST! Therefore, the interaction will increase your brand awareness and followers. You do want people talking about you… Watch what people are saying and make sure it is productive.
3. Marketing/Fundraising: The best way to promote/advertise any product/team in a less expensive manner is through social media. Sport teams and players do it all the time! Increasing awareness about games, retail items, tickets, sponsors…. All over social media. This strategy if very important to implement in 2013, for there are so many people connected on social media. Have your audience connect with you and what you have to say!
Good evening, everyone!
Okay… I am a Kentucky native and absolutely love that I get to live somewhere that I get to experience each season every year! I know most people love summer and all the attire in those months, but my favorite season for fashion is fall! Fall offers so many varieties of outfits and accessory choices! I absolutely love being able to add a colorful/decorative scarf to anything I am wearing. You can also dress up any sweater or jean! Too hot in the summer to do that trick! I want to list a few of my must-have items for the fall time:
1. A great, affordable peacoat- great places to look are Express, Forever 21, JC Penney, Khol’s, TJ Maxx, Marshalls. Find something with color or neutral. Love big buttons and pockets! Such a classic look!
2. Colored jeans- Love me some fun colored jeans! Great to wear out with girlfriends or on date night with your special someone! These are the latest trend, ladies! Patterns are great as well!
3. Comfy sweaters- Snuggle up in a great comfy sweater during those cold fall days/nights. Love a tan sweater with a great pair of jeans or comfy leggings. You can never go wrong with that combination!
4. Boots- You got to have at least one pair, if not more, of leather boots! I am obsessed with my tall boots and short boots! I wear them out with friends or even to class! A SERIOUS must-have! PS. Got mine at Payless!
Okay, fashionistas! Shop away for these four essential must-haves for fall! I swear by these four items! Dress em’ up or wear em’ down! Enjoy this fall season in style! You do not have to wear a designer brand to be consindered fashionable… There are great deals everywhere! Gotta look for the bargain! Especially if you are a college student like myself! Have a fabulous fall season in great style!