Month: October 2013
The social media class I am in at the University of Louisville had the pleasure of hearing Nick Stover, Director of Social Media in athletics (at UofL), guest lecture. Social media is not just a past time, but a career path. Stover works on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on a daily basis (and is paid to do so!). Growing up as a digital native, social media was something I was always active on. I never imagined going to college and learning about how to make #sm a career path! Too cool! Little do most people know, Stover stated that there is a lot of work that goes into creating message strategies for everything that appears on all social media platforms. Stover thinks of the best way to target all audience with one post and how to keep UofL athletics attractive via social media. Who would have thought that much attention needed to be paid to a simple post on Facebook? I can honestly say I never did! Stover has done an excellent job at implementing fundraising campaigns for UofL athletics through social media. GREAT THINKING! All of the fan base continues to interact with all of Stover’s utilized platforms and it seems to reflect in the increasing amount of followers among all platforms. I give Nick Stover two thumbs up on all the work and determination he is putting into making all social media platforms for UofL Athletics impacting and active.
As digital natives take the stand in today’s professional world, social media has made it’s domain! I want to highlight in this blog post of how sports and social media have become very interdependent of one another. I think there are several areas to touch on regarding both matters. Social media is not just a one-way interaction, but involves a two-way communication relationship. (This is what I love most about social media). I can honestly say I think it is “cool” when your favorite company, person, celebrity, athlete respond to your comment on any given social media platform. The active involvement also helps boost their “brand” awareness. As we know, all social media platforms continue to grow and expand to bigger and greater things everyday with new apps and followers. I believe that sports and social media are particularly important in regards to three areas: fans, announcements, and marketing/fundraising.
[ http://www.postano.com/blog/sports-and-social-media ]
1. You better believe your fans are on all social media platforms talking about you or to you. I mean look at any sports team social media page on any platform…. The amount of likes, comments, tweets, etc. are INSANE! Take advantage of all the attention and send out powerful messages that will make an impact to your audience!
2. Announcements: What better way to share new information regarding the sport/team you are representing than through social media. Your fans will notice and interact FAST! Therefore, the interaction will increase your brand awareness and followers. You do want people talking about you… Watch what people are saying and make sure it is productive.
3. Marketing/Fundraising: The best way to promote/advertise any product/team in a less expensive manner is through social media. Sport teams and players do it all the time! Increasing awareness about games, retail items, tickets, sponsors…. All over social media. This strategy if very important to implement in 2013, for there are so many people connected on social media. Have your audience connect with you and what you have to say!
Good evening, everyone!
Okay… I am a Kentucky native and absolutely love that I get to live somewhere that I get to experience each season every year! I know most people love summer and all the attire in those months, but my favorite season for fashion is fall! Fall offers so many varieties of outfits and accessory choices! I absolutely love being able to add a colorful/decorative scarf to anything I am wearing. You can also dress up any sweater or jean! Too hot in the summer to do that trick! I want to list a few of my must-have items for the fall time:
1. A great, affordable peacoat- great places to look are Express, Forever 21, JC Penney, Khol’s, TJ Maxx, Marshalls. Find something with color or neutral. Love big buttons and pockets! Such a classic look!
2. Colored jeans- Love me some fun colored jeans! Great to wear out with girlfriends or on date night with your special someone! These are the latest trend, ladies! Patterns are great as well!
3. Comfy sweaters- Snuggle up in a great comfy sweater during those cold fall days/nights. Love a tan sweater with a great pair of jeans or comfy leggings. You can never go wrong with that combination!
4. Boots- You got to have at least one pair, if not more, of leather boots! I am obsessed with my tall boots and short boots! I wear them out with friends or even to class! A SERIOUS must-have! PS. Got mine at Payless!
Okay, fashionistas! Shop away for these four essential must-haves for fall! I swear by these four items! Dress em’ up or wear em’ down! Enjoy this fall season in style! You do not have to wear a designer brand to be consindered fashionable… There are great deals everywhere! Gotta look for the bargain! Especially if you are a college student like myself! Have a fabulous fall season in great style!
Okay so I have to post about my recent obsession, online ring shopping! My boyfriend and I have been talking about getting engaged and we have started looking for rings… If you do not know me, I am probably the most indecisive person you will ever meet. It takes me forever to pick out clothes, shoes, or anything I shop for. Therefore, shopping for an engagement ring has been a huge challenge.
Due to the fact I am taking 18 hours this semester and have a limited amount of time I can actually physically go shopping at a jewelry store, I have done a ton of online ring shopping. It has actually been more relaxing and enjoying for me as a consumer. When you go to a jewelry store, I feel like you are constantly being pressured to buy. That is an uncomfortable feeling for me, obviously because I have no CLUE what I want. I enjoy taking my time going through different rings online and picking out a certain mount setting and picking out the diamond for the setting. I have fallen in LOVE! I highly recommend going to Davis Jewelers website and looking at all their options, http://www.davisjewelers.com/engagement-rings.html .
Even if you do not find “your ring”, it will help in your elimination process. Shopping online for rings has been a very useful tool for me as a buyer. Even if you are not shopping for an engagement ring, there are tons of other products on their site. They have fabulous watches, necklaces, and anniversary gifts! Check it out! Shop til ya drop 🙂